Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of oil.
- You need of turkey, chicken or pork mince.
- Prepare of large sweet potatoes, cut into even pieces.
- You need of large onion, finely diced.
- You need of chicken stock for turkey mince, ham stock for pork mince.
- You need of garden peas.
- Prepare of large diced carrot.
- You need of oregano.
- You need of tomato puree.
- It’s of cornflour / cornstarch.
- You need of salt & pepper to season the potato.
Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- In a saucepan, brown the mince in the oil then drain.
- To the mince add the onions and fry until almost done, then add the stock, peas, carrots and oregano. Cover and let simmer on a low heat. The longer you leave it the more tender the mince will be. I leave mine a good few hours before starting the potatoes.
- In another pan, boil the sweet potatoes in enough water to cover them for around 15 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the carrots have cooked through, stir in the tomato puree and flour to thicken the gravy.
- Now there are two options. You can layer the mince on the bottom of a casserole dish, top with the mash, and bake for 15 minutes at gas mark 6 / 200C / 400°F to crisp the top of the potatoes, or you can just serve with the potatoes spooned on top or on the side. My kids like theirs baked in individual ramekins, they think it's special that way!.