King Ranch Chicken. The classic King Ranch chicken casserole is bursting with cheese, chicken, and pepper goodness. King Ranch chicken is a popular Tex-Mex casserole. Its name comes from King Ranch, one of the largest ranches in the United States, although the actual history of the dish is unknown and there is no direct connection between the dish and the ranch.
Hailing from an era when casseroles were king, this Tex-Mex dish still reigns supreme at church suppers and neighborhood potlucks. This King Ranch chicken is a casserole made with layers of corn tortillas, creamy chicken, vegetables and cheese, all baked to bubbly perfection. An easy dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! we can make King Ranch Chicken using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve that.
Ingredients of King Ranch Chicken
- It’s 2 of large chicken boneless breasts.
- You need 2 cans of cream of chicken.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 pk of flour tortillas 10pk.
- You need of Diced jalapeno peppers 8oz jar.
- It’s Bag of shredded cheese 16oz.
Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the torn tortillas. King Ranch Chicken has been around for years! This Slow Cooker version can be put together in just a matter of minutes and tastes delicious. A layered tortilla chips, chicken, and creamy soup mixture.
King Ranch Chicken instructions
- Boil chicken, allow to cool and shred chicken into little strips.
- In seperate bowl Mix cans of soups jalapenos (your choice of hot or mild and how much) and 1 cup of chicken broth (from boiled chicken).
- In 8×11 dish layer tortilla, shredded chicken and soup mixture..
- Continue layers of tortillas, chicken, soup to fill up pan..
- Bake in oven for 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove add shredded cheese to top and place back in oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted..
- We like a dollop of sour cream on our serving. Enjoy.
Creamy King Ranch Chicken Casserole loaded with chicken, tortillas, cheese, and green chiles. This zesty King Ranch Casserole Recipe is packed with comfort, not canned soup! This cheesy casserole is basically a Texan lasagna! Layers of crispy corn tortillas, cheese, and a creamy chicken mixture loaded with bell peppers, tomatoes, green chiles. Recipes for Kings Ranch Chicken vary but most include a sauce made of canned diced tomatoes, green chilis, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, diced bell pepper, onion and.