Crockpot rotisserie chicken. Sprinkle generously inside and out with seasoned salt. Put chicken back-side down in crock pot (on top of foil balls). By contrast to a traditional rotisserie chicken, the slow cooker method will definitely result in a chicken that is fall-off-the-bone tender and juicy, so much so that the chicken may actually fall apart a bit when you try to remove it from the slow cooker. (In a very delicious way, but not always the prettiest for serving.).
Two: Cook it on top of either a rack that fits in your slow cooker or balls of tinfoil. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of the vegetables; tie drumsticks together with kitchen twine. This is similar to the upside down turkey method that works so well for keeping the. How to make it easy, we can cook Crockpot rotisserie chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot rotisserie chicken
- You need 1 (3 lb) of Whole Chicken.
- Prepare 6 of med. Carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion quartered.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- It’s of Pepper blend.
- It’s of Seasoning salt.
- It’s of Garlic salt.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken made with just a few spices and in the slow cooker with CRISPY skin without a second spent in the oven! Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Rotisserie Chicken dinners are a favorite in our house, when I'm running behind, we snack on the legs and wings (and maybe a few bites of thigh meat) while preparing dinner. This Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken has a ton of flavor from cooking low and slow. Stuffed with garlic and lemon and seasoned perfectly!
Crockpot rotisserie chicken step by step
- Peel carrots and cut into 3in chunks. Cut 1/2 of the onion into quarters. Place in crockpot.
- With kitchen twine truss the chicken. (tuck wings and tie legs together) Pat dry with paper towels. Place on top of veggies.
- Season chicken to your liking. I just sprinkled the seasonings over the chicken not caring if it got on the vegetables..
- I usually use one of these pepper blends..
- Cook on high for 3- 3 1/2 hours..
- When done remove to a sheet pan with the vegetables and broil in the oven till golden brown..
- Optional- make gravy with juices left in crockpot. Serve with potatoes or rice. Or whatever you want.
This is one of our family favorite meals. The meat comes out so tender and super flavorful. You can make this as a meal or just cook it to use the meat in other recipes. Also, I save the drippings, bones, and skin, then toss them back in the crock with a couple of cut up carrots, some celery, onion, and garlic and cover with water, cook for a few more hours on low, strain, chill, skim fat, and freeze for homemade rotisserie chicken stock – yum! Last summer, the kids and I raised our own meat chickens.