Chicken pot pie for a group. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling. Here's what goes in Chicken Pot Pie. Nothing unusual here – but just a couple of comments on some of the ingredients: Stock powder – this adds more flavour in.
For a lump-free white sauce, use a medium wire. If the last chicken pot pie you ate came from a little green box in the freezer section, you've been missing out on arguably the most classic — and most indulgent — of chicken dinners. Finding the right balance of chicken and vegetables and getting the gravy and buttery bread topping just right can be. How to make it simple, we can cook Chicken pot pie for a group using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie for a group
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of chicken.
- It’s 11 oz of can of corn drained.
- Prepare 1 can of diced new potatoes.
- You need 1 box of Pillsbury pie crust.
- You need 1 lb of California mix veggies.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 can of 10 oz. cream of chicken soup.
This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, herbs, and more. It's cozy comfort food that feeds a crowd! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for dinner on chilly nights, this Chicken Pot Pie is fantastic. Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie.
Chicken pot pie for a group instructions
- preheat oven to 375.
- biol chicken just until done.
- cool chicken down shred or chop.
- mix salt, pepper, cream of chicken, chopped veggies, and corn..
- gently mix new potatoes into the mixture, be careful not to mush them up..
- line an 8×8 pan with one of the pie crust all the way up the sides..
- bake crust for five minutes remove and let cool (this can be done while you are boiling the bird.).
- fill crust with mixture and drape the second crust over the mixture and pinch the edges together, then cut slits in the top for ventilation..
- cook for about 45 minutes, take out let cool for about 10 minutes before serving..
Cooked chicken simmers in a rich parsley-flecked sauce with carrots, peas, and celery. The delectable filling is baked under prepared biscuits for a comforting pot pie that's easy to put together. Everyone loves Mom's Chicken Pot Pie! Classic chicken pot pie recipe made with tender chicken and vegetables underneath a buttery, flaky crust. An easy and delicious single serving meal.