Chicken Parmesan. My version of chicken parmesan is a little different than what they do in the restaurants, with less sauce and a crispier crust. Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and spaghetti. So, in theory, I should love Chicken Parm as well, but for all its promise.
This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan (Italian pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese. Classic Chicken Parmesan recipe with parmesan crusted tender chicken, topped with marinara and cheese. You can serve Chicken Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- You need 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved & pounded 1/2" thin.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 2-4 cups of marinara sauce, heated.
- You need of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare of Cooked pasta of your choice.
- You need of Chopped fresh basil to garnish.
Chicken Parmesan is a classic for a reason! Chicken cutlets, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, and covered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are so good. I'm going to show you how to make a classic restaurant-style chicken parmesan. One big pounded out a piece of breaded chicken cutlet with my weekday sauce.
Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Start your pasta water to boil and put your sauce on the heat to get hot.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder on a shallow plate.
- Beat egg in a separate dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet I'm medium high.
- Dip pounded breast halves in egg, and press firmly into crumb mixture, coating thoroughly..
- Place breasts in hot oil and cook about 4-5 minutes a side until cooked throughly and crispy golden. Remove to a paper plate to drain.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat. pour marinara sauce in skillet and place chicken in sauce. Cover chicken with mozzarella and cover skillet for cheese to melt..
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Serve chicken over pasta with desired amount of sauce. Garnish with fresh basil.
This classic Chicken Parmesan from Delish.com is as good as it gets. Learn how to make chicken parm with a perfectly crisp, golden, breaded exterior and a moist interior, with all the right flavors and just the right amount of gooey cheese. This Cheesy Chicken Parmesan is a delicious Italian dish of breaded chicken, topped with marinara sauce and lots of cheese. Get this restaurant quality favorite Italian dish right at home. The BEST Chicken Parmesan How to Make Chicken Parmesan What to serve with this chicken parmesan recipe This easy, top-rated chicken Parmesan recipe is a family favorite!