Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito. Breakfast, on the other hand, is no laughing matter. For us, it is a critical prerequisite for the rest of the day. Since we were going to be moving For our burritos, we started with sautéed bell peppers and onions, which we then combined with a vegan scramble made from extra-firm tofu and a blend of.
Hearty vegan breakfast burritos filled with tofu scramble, avocado, and potatoes are so satisfying any time of day. One of my favorite high protein morning foods is the breakfast burrito. After my weekend workouts I sometimes crave something a bit more hearty and substantial than my usual. You can make Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito
- You need of scramble.
- It’s 8 oz of extra firm tofu.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of Poblano pepper or pepper of your choice.
- You need 1 cup of kale or spinach loosely chopped.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare of optional to serve with.
- It’s 1 of salsa.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 of hash browns.
- Prepare 1 of in a tortilla (breakfast burrito).
There's something wonderful about a breakfast burrito! Below is my easy peasy recipe for tofu scramble and how to turn it into a meal that's truly This recipe uses a whole block of tofu so makes a healthy serving of scramble. How many burritos you have will be determined by how much you pack. Vegan Breakfast Burrito With Tofu Scramble.
Tofu scramble or vegan breakfast burrito instructions
- Pat dry tofu. Wrap in cheese cloth and put weight on to squeeze water out. I use my cast iron skillet. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining add all seasonings together in small bowl. Add enough water to make pourable and mix together then set aside..
- Slice onion and pepper of your choice. Loosely chop kale or spinach.
- Heat skillet over medium heat adding oil, onion and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions become soft..
- Add kale or spinach and cover for 2 minutes..
- Your tofu should be ready by now so unwrap it and crumble with fork to bite sized pieces..
- Uncover veggies and slide to one side of skillet. Add tofu to other side and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add spice sauce, pouring 2/3 to tofu and 1/3 to veggies..
- Cook for 5 minutes in separate places to try to brown tofu slightly then mix together and cook for an additional 2 minutes..
- Serve as you wish. I've done breakfast burritos, served with toast, hash browns, chips. It is always good topped with salsa and/or hot sauce..
An easy and flavorful tofu scramble is the filling in this vegan breakfast burrito. The tofu so closely resembles scrambled eggs it's hard to tell at first glance it's not actually eggs. Once the oil begins to shimmer, crumble the block of tofu into the pan until it resembles the consistency of scrambled eggs, being careful not to over-crumble because it will continue to break apart as you. The tofu scramble is delicious just on it's own too, so feel free to just enjoy that if you're pressed for time or ingredients! I hope you enjoy this very simple, vegan-style tofu breakfast burrito.