Katsu Chicken Curry. Katsu Curry (カツカレー) is a combination of Japanese Curry and a panko-breaded cutlet. Not a big fan of pork or chicken? You can also enjoy Katsu Curry with shrimp or fish (See below).
Katsu curry is just a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. I have used a store-bought block of Japanese curry roux which is commonly used in Japanese households. Chicken Katsu Curry is an absolute favourite – traditionally hailing from Japan, this dish compromises of panko breadcrumb coated chicken in a thick curry sauce and rice. we can prepare Katsu Chicken Curry using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook that.
Ingredients of Katsu Chicken Curry
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of Breaded chicken.
- Prepare of onions.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- You need of carrots.
- It’s of plain flour.
- It’s of curry powder.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- You need of honey.
- You need of soy sauce.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- It’s of garam masala.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Parsley.
- It’s of Spring onion.
With the likes of Gizzi Erskine sharing their take on the famous Wagamama katsu chicken curry recipe, it's really taken off over the. This Japanese chicken katsu curry is an easy low-cost meal. You can prepare the sauce in advance, and quickly fry the strips of chicken just before serving. This is my version of the delicious Japanese katsu curry that they serve at Wagamama.
Katsu Chicken Curry step by step
- Cook breaded chicken in preheated oven as directed.
- Finely chop onions, carrots and garlic.
- Heat vegetable oil in pot, add onions and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add carrots to pan, cook over a low heat for 10-12mins.
- Add flour and curry powder, cook for 1min.
- Gradually stir in stock until combined.
- Add honey, soy sauce and bay leaf. Slowly bring to the boil then simmer for 20mins until sauce thickens but is still of pouring consistency.
- Cook rice in salted water.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in garam masala 10mins before serving. Continue to cook on a low heat until ready to serve.
- Mix chicken in with curry saucr. Serve rice mixed with parsley then topped with chicken curry and spring onion greens.
With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. Katsu Chicken Curry is one of the most popular dishes at Wagamama and our slimming friendly version is perfect if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. This chicken katsu curry recipe is incredible. If you always order the katsu curry when you eat out in Japanese restaurants, you'll be surprised to learn how easy it is to make at home. Another must when making chicken katsu curry is to ensure the sauce is super smooth.