Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s For of the filling:.
- Prepare 200 gms of chicken mince.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated carrots.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rosemary (or any herb of your choice).
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s As per taste of Salt to sate.
- It’s For of the topping:.
- You need 2 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk (optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- To prepare the filling, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add in the bay leaf and the finely chopped onions and saute..
- When the onions begin to get translucent, add in the chicken mince, ginger garlic paste, grated carrots, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook until done..
- Add in the tomato puree, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and cook for a few minutes. Ensure that the filling is not too dry. You can add water or stock if required..
- For the topping, boil the potatoes in salted water. Mash them well. Add in the butter and egg yolk. Mix well. Add in more salt if required..
- To assemble the pie, in an oven proof dish, create an even layer of the filling. Top it with the mashed potatoes and smoothen it out. Create a design of your choice with a fork..
- Bake it at 220 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Serve hot..
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.