Christmas ginger cookies. Lightly spiced ginger cookies are filled with a maple cream cheese filling for the perfect Christmas ginger cookie. Is anyone else wondering where the time has gone? Christmas is less than a week.
Note: this recipe uses raw egg white. Pepparkakor is a Swedish ginger cookie often made for Christmas cookies. This cookie is featured in the book, Pippi Longstocking. How to make it easy, we can cook Christmas ginger cookies using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas ginger cookies
- You need 500 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 130 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 200 g of margarine.
- Prepare 10 g of baking powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of White chocolate.
- You need of Red colour.
- Prepare of Green colour.
You can also skip the recipe and buy a store-bought batch at Ikea! This Christmas, we have everything you'll need to master this classic gingerbread cookie recipe. Plus watch our video to see how you can easily decorate these gingerbread men. Gingerbread Cookie Ingredients Spices: Ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
Christmas ginger cookies step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cream the margarine and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat..
- Pour half the flour and mix with hands. Add the remaining flour and combine fully..
- Form into small balls and sprinkle a little sugar..
- Placed them on a lined baking sheet..
- Press with a flat surface, i used a water glass..
- Bake in a 180 degrees preheated oven for 15mins or until golden brown.
- Grate your white chocolate and melt using a double boiler..
- Remove and let it cool completely..
- Divide the chocolate in three parts. We will colour the other two parts green and red..
- Take one cookie at a time and dip in the white chocolate..
- Place them on a parachment paper to dry..
- Put the red and the green coloured chocolate in a piping bag and use it to draw on the now dry white chocolate..
- Voilà. Yummy and Beautiful..
Baking soda, salt, egg and vanilla extract: Because…cookies. Christmas Ginger and Honey cookies background. Christmas ginger cookies, nuts and dried oranges on a wooden background. Christmas Ginger Cookies recipe: Try this Christmas Ginger Cookies recipe, or contribute your own. Crispy Swedish ginger cookies with a snowy white frosting.