Nikki's Shepherd's Pie. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie with creamy mashed potato and rich gravy – just like your mum used to make! Plus tips for gluten free and making ahead! #glutenfreedinner #shepherdspie #mashedpotato #comfortfood..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
This isn't diet food, Ladies..most delicious Shepherd's Pie" she had ever had, Danielle knew Shepherd's Pie needed to be So here's the deal, this version of Shepherd's Pie might look like a bit more work than using a lot of. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is comforting, satisfying and most of all tastes great! How to make it simple, you can create Nikki's Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 3 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 can of french onion soup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of meat loaf mix ; i use mc cormicks.
- Prepare 4 tsp of beef bullion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 pinch of of sugar.
- You need 1 of 15.5 oz can corn, drained.
- Prepare 2 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- You need 4 of splashes of red cooking wine (or sherry).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 8 of -10 potatoes, depending on how thick you want your potato layer.
My easy shepherd's pie recipe goes down great with my family, they always manage to finish off every last scrap! We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this classic family recipe – here it is! This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb How To Make Shepherd's Pie. Can I prepare Shepherd's Pie in advance?
Nikki's Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare mashed potatoes as you usually do (for recipe see my profile page), set aside.
- Brown meat in olive oil, breaking up well, drain.
- Add all ingredients except corn, potatoes, and cheese, simmer til most liquid is absorbed.
- Spray 3 qt glass casserole with cooking spray and add meat mixture.
- Cover meat mixture evenly with corn, then spread mashed potatoes over the corn.
- Cook about 20-30 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Yes, this is a great make. You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes. S hepherd's Pie was first recorded in Victoria's reign, and of all the ways of using leftover meat, this potato-topped pie must be the most. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute Freezer-Friendly Shepherd's Pie. This is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal.