Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. Hearty vegetables in a brothy sauce topped with fluffy mashed potatoes, all baked to bubbly perfectly. A meaty, hearty and easy veggie Shepherd's Pie; made with a saucy mushroom and ground round stew, filled with corn, peas and carrots, and topped with The meaty filling for this shepherds pie is going to be made extra meaty with veggie ground road and mushrooms.
And did you hear me when I said veg only? This easy Vegan Shepherd's Pie Recipe creates a savory, saucy casserole dish, topped with a generous serving of mashed potatoes. I first attempted a shepherd's pie when I was young, in my late teens. You can serve Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping
- It’s of Pie filling.
- You need 1 tin of green lentils.
- It’s 1 of pouch / sachet puy lentils (I used merchant gourmet).
- Prepare 1 of white onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tikka spice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 1 tbsp of siracha.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- It’s of Celeriac mash.
- Prepare 1 of whole celeriac peeled and chopped into chunks.
- It’s 2-3 of potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s of Dried breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (optional).
I remember feeling a little nervous and overwhelmed at the making of it, but pleased with. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie goes vegetarian in this terrific meatless main-course meal. Kidney beans and cauliflower replace the meat in this hearty dish.
Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pan and slowly fry the onions for 3-4 mins. Then add the carrots, celery, garlic and some salt. Cook for 5 mins, then add the spices and cook for another 3-5 mins until the veg is soft..
- Add the lentils, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes, siracha, stock and herbs and simmer for 15 minutes until the stock reduces. Add a little water if it gets too dry..
- Meanwhile add the celeriac, potatoes and a little salt to a pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 15 minutes until soft..
- Taste the lentils and add a little more seasoning if needed. Then add them to an ovenproof dish..
- Mash the celeriac and potatoes with the butter and add to the top of the lentils. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove and sprinkle with cheese (optional) and return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the topping is golden. Serve 🤤.
We'll show you how to prepare the veggies and beans and top the mixture with mashed potato and cheese topping. To get the nice browned top, turn on the boiler and watch the pie closely until it's browned on top (if your broiler is under your oven, you'll have to transfer the pie to the bottom drawer). This easy veggie shepherd's pie is quick to prepare and can be left cooking while you get on with other things. To make the topping, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil (there's no need to add salt). Vegan Lentil Shepherds Pie- a plant-based take on the comforting classic made with hearty lentils The topping was made with classic creamy mashed potatoes but they were enhanced by the If for some reason you can't find celeriac or parsnips, no worries, the recipe can still be made without them.